Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 13: Favorite Edtech Tools

Aside from Google Docs, my favorite ed tech tools are mostly apps. I teach multimedia--think video, audio, podcasting, animation--in a classroom that doesn't have the very best of computers or applications. We deal with computer crashing, Movie Maker skipping and choking, and recording audio  on the pc an impossibility. The great news is that just about every student carries an Apple or Android phone with terrific free photo/video editing apps! In particular, I like: iMovie and iMotion HD.

While I do teach the Adobe suite of software, having free or inexpensive student access to technology is also very important. Buying PhototShop for at-home use is too much for most students, but GIMP is free! While it's not as comprehensive, it does offer a great deal and, did I mention? It's free! I also love Audacity for audio. Not mobile, but it it cross platform and free!



No comments:

Post a Comment